Resources for Students
CCS faculty and staff have worked diligently to prepare courses and facilities to meet the many needs of our students. Below is a list of resources available to students to help navigate the changes on campus.
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
New virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) system allows students to access a virtual Windows desktop with most CCS software installed and with improved performance and better reliability. The VDI system works both on- and off-campus, allowing students to use their personal device (Mac or Windows) to access the software that runs on powerful servers at CCS. Of course, students with appropriate devices may still run software locally on their own computers as licensing allows, and software is still available in labs on-campus for in-person use.
CCS has partnered with the Nursing Practice Corporation, which oversees the Wayne State University Campus Health Center, as well as their public clinic – Taylor Street Primary Care. Students are eligible for free visits on campus (Mondays and Thursdays) as well as full access to the medical clinics. For more information visit https://campus.collegeforcreativestudies.edu/student-affairs/ccs-school-nurse/
In order to reduce the risk of transmission of disease to other students, students should not, as a first step, come into the Wellness Center or outside clinics in-person without an appointment.
CCS Online and Telehealth Counseling Services
Personal Counseling Services
Personal Counseling assists students in meeting their emotional, psychological, and mental health needs for a variety of presenting issues. Our services contribute to a campus environment that facilitates the healthy growth and development of students. Any student wishing to utilize individual counseling must complete the Appointment Request Form and attend an intake appointment. Appointments are held through Doxy, a telemedicine platform, for the Fall 2021 semester. Services are at no additional cost and are of a confidential nature. Referrals can be provided for students seeking more specialized psychological or psychiatric care.
Web Checkout & Online Reservations - AVC, Shops, Studios, and Labs
Audio Visual Center
The Audio Visual Centers and the Prop and Costume Office Hours – Starting January 31
The Ford AVC checkout hours are Monday – Thursday 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.; Friday 12-5 p.m.; and Saturday – Sunday 12 – 5 p.m.
The Taubman AVC check hours are Monday – Friday 12 – 4 p.m. and Closed Saturday – Sunday
Model Prop & Costume office hours are Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. and Closed Saturday – Sunday.
Equipment must be reserved or scheduled for pick-up in room W109. Unscheduled check-outs and walk-ins will not be permitted. Equipment reservations may only be made online through Patron Portal, through the AVC email, or by phone at 313-664-7647. Walk-up reservations will not be permitted. Pick-ups will be scheduled 15 minutes apart to help avoid crowding and congestion and equipment must be picked up at the main AVC entrance. This provides a one way out for clean equipment. All patrons must provide a valid CCS ID and must wear masks. Only one patron will be allowed in the AVC at a time and patrons will be required to maintain a three-foot separation while waiting for service.
Scheduled equipment returns must be processed through the AVC decontamination room W106. This room will hold equipment for screening and decontamination. This provides a one-way in for potentially contaminated equipment.
Prop & Costume Office
Model Prop & Costume fixed office hours will be Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Students must make an appointment to browse and check out props and costumes by emailing or calling RaeAnne Woodman at email@example.com or 313-687-4337. Only one student at a time will be allowed in the MPC office. All patrons must provide a valid CCS ID and must wear masks. Walk-ins will not be permitted.
Reservations for Seats in Shops, Studios and Labs
To ensure proper social distancing and a limited number of people in rooms, shops, studios and labs on campus, the Audio Visual Center has expanded the online reservation system.
The WebCheckout Patron Portal reservation system allows students and faculty to reserve seats in shops, studios, and labs. The reservation system can be accessed from your computer by clicking on the “AVC Patron Portal” icon on the CCS Access Manager page. You may also access the Patron Portal from a browser on your phone or tablet by going to ccs.webcheckout.net/patron and using your CCS login ID and password.
You will not be able to reserve equipment, shops, studios, or labs if you have not completed the online Campus Safety COVID-19 Self Screening questionnaire and taken the online course associated with the questionnaire.
Once logged in follow these steps:
- Select “Shops, Lab, and Studios.” This will open the selection portal.
- A video of how the system works will pop up. You may watch it or close it. You may also view the video at this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmONaoFbC9U
- Select the Labs or Shops and Studios icon.
- Using the top scroll bar, find the shop, studio, or lab you want.
- You may have to select the area or section of the shop you want to in.
- Select the seat icon for the seats in the space.
- You may click on the clock icon (Upper left) to see which seats are available.
- Select the seat you want to reserve by clicking on the “Add” button next to it. It will be added to your shopping cart.
- When done adding seats, click the shopping cart icon in the upper right.
- A pop-up box opens. Click “Create Reservation”
- Select your start and end date and time.
- If there are no errors you may click “Submit Reservation”
- Your reservation will go through the pending approval process.
If you cannot log in or have any questions, call the AVC 313.664.7647 or email the AVC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shops & Studios
The CCS Academic Facilities: a return to regularly scheduled hours for W2022 begins Monday, January 31, 2022.
Open shop for students, faculty and staff will need to be scheduled in advance through the AVC Patron Portal for those who have access. The Web Checkout Patron Portal reservation system allows you to reserve seats in Academic Facilities through the shops and studios icon. You must sign up for a seat in advance on Web Check out, manually sign-in/check-in upon arrival with your CCS ID, and sign out/check out upon leaving with your student ID. There will be marked points of entry and exit in all shops.
Social Distancing protocols have been reinstated and updated to 3’ at this time. Please maintain this distance from your colleagues and peers. We have eliminated the limited capacity in each shop at this time but Medical grade masks (N95, KF 94, or KN95) and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to include safety glasses and closed-toe shoes are required in all Academic Facilities. Cleaning and Sanitation Protocols will continue.
The Academic Facilities Hours for Winter 2022
Ford campus – Kresge-Ford Building B side
B104 Blacksmithing (Crafts)
B112 Wood Shop
(in B112) Spray booth
B207B Laser cutter
T1113 Model shop
T1111 Digital Fabrication
T1110 Spray Booth
T1114 Laser cutter
Monday-Friday – 8:30 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Saturday – 12 noon – 7 p.m.
Sunday -12 noon – 7 p.m.
Digital Fabrication Lab (Taubman) – Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 4p.m. only
Ford Laser cutter
Taubman Laser cutter
*90 minute maximum reserve time, please.
Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday – 12:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
The Academic Facilities page has more detailed information regarding each shop. This can be found on the Access Manager page under the Campus Offices tab.
Equipment requirements or what to wear: Due to Covid -19 shared use safety equipment is not allowed. This includes safety glasses, leather gloves, welding jackets, etc. We do have sanitizing wipes for Welding Masks and earmuffs as well as disposable hearing protection. Sanitizer is literally available everywhere (seriously…).
- Face Masks are required in all Academic Facilities.
- Safety glasses are required in all Academic Facilities.
- Closed-toe shoes are required in all Academic Facilities.
- Long sleeve shirts and pants are required in the Metalshop areas. Please do not wear skirts or skin-revealing clothing. Wear fire-resistant natural fibers like cotton, denim, silk, and wool, this includes face masks, scarves, bandanas and hijabs.
- Leather boots or sturdy closed-toe shoes are required in the Metalshop areas – shoes must be made of natural fibers and will protect feet from heavy objects, hot metal, cutting sparks, etc.
- Reminder: No sandals or open-toed shoes please in any shop, ever.
- H20 in a closed container. Please stay hydrated and healthy!
- Bring what you think you will need.
- Wood shop resale items are still available for purchase through the bookstore.
- Metalshop, Foundry and Model shop items are still available for purchase with your one card/ student ID in those shops.
You must sign up on the CCS AVC web checkout patron portal – you can do this on your phone, tablet or computer anytime. The WebCheckout Patron Portal reservation system allows you to reserve seats in shops, studios, and labs. You can access the reservation system from your computer by clicking on the “AVC Patron Portal” icon in the CCS Access Manager page. You may also access the Patron Portal from a browser on your phone or tablet by going to ccs.webcheckout.net/patron.
Log onto the WebCheckout Patron Portal using your CCS login ID and password. If you cannot log in, call the AVC 313-664-7647 and the amazing AVC Team will correct any login information errors so that you can have access. You may reserve and cancel reservations using this system in real time.
Please note that Faculty and staff will need to contact the shop manager to receive access to the patron portal.
Imaging Center - Online Ordering & Contactless Pickup
Online Ordering & Appointments to Pick Up Work
- Forms for submitting print jobs can be found at http://campus.collegeforcreativestudies.edu/imaging-center/lets-print
- In-person appointments are highly recommended for picking up work and can be made at: calendly.com/ccs_ic
- Contactless pickup is available via the Smart Lockers located on the 2nd Floor of the Taubman Center next to the elevators.
- Virtual and in-person consultations with IC staff can be requested at calendly.com/ccs_ic/ic-zoom-consultation
Average Turnaround Times
Laser Printer | 1 business day
Plotter Printer | 2 business days
Small Inkjet Printer | 1-2 business days
Large Inkjet Printer | 2-3 business days
Binding & Stack Cutting | 1 business day
Button Making | 3-4 business days
Riso Printing | 3-7 business days
* Students will be notified by CCS email when a job has been completed. Students will then create an appointment to pick up their finished work via our Calendly.
Hours of Operation
Imaging Center staff will review newly submitted work from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday-Thursday & Friday 8 a.m.- 3 p.m. If you submit your files outside of these times, please be aware that your file might not be reviewed until 8 a.m. the following business day.
Regular Imaging Center hours:
Monday – Thursday 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Friday – 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday – Closed
* hours subject to change
CCS Bookstore - Shipping, Online Ordering & Curbside Pickup
CCS Bookstore – Winter 2022 Schedule
CCS Bookstore – Winter 2022 Schedule
The CCS Bookstore is currently open to CCS students, faculty and staff. You can also shop online through the CCS Bookstore online store with the option for shipping or pickup. Orders can be picked up in the CCS Bookstore or in the Smart Lockers located on the 2nd Floor of the Taubman Center next to the elevators and inside the ACB next to the 1st Floor elevators on the Ford Campus. Choose curbside for pickup option and specify ACB or TC in the note for Smart Locker pickup with same day Smart Locker pickup if ordered M-F before 3:30 pm. If you don’t see the item you need on the online store, please call to check if it is available. Ebook Textbook rental is available through the CCS Bookstore RedShelf site.
Winter 2022 Semester CCS Bookstore hours
January 4 – 28 8 am – 5 pm
Regular semester hours resume January 31
Monday – Thursday 8 am – 7 pm
Fridays – 8 am – 5 pm
Saturdays – 11 am – 4 pm
COVID-19 Community Resources
As COVID-19 continues to impact our community, it is important to acknowledge that CCS community members may be returning to an intergenerational home, employees/students may be taking care of children and/or elderly parents, or siblings with a compromised immune system. Below are a few community resources aimed at addressing potential needs as we navigate this rapidly evolving situation:
- Comcast and Charter Communications will offer free internet access to low-income families. Internet and cable will not be suspended.
- Gleaners Community Food Bank has increased food distribution sites for families and children in Metro Detroit.
- United Way has set up funds to help families with health care, financial resources and other services. The organization has also launched a COVID-19 community response fund to continue efforts to support families during the school closures. Help or volunteer at 211.
- The Human Utility is non-profit organization providing help to families and makes sure they always have running water at home, detroitwaterproject.org.
- Comprehensive list of state-wide resources: bridgemi.com
- Poverty Solutions University of Michigan released a guide that provides information on how to access programs aimed at supporting Michiganders during the coronavirus outbreak, Michigan COVID-19 Pandemic Resource Guide.
- Oakland County Resources
- Macomb County Resources
- Wayne County Resources
Winter 2022 Semester Hours
The CCS Library will be open the following hours. Please check the library website for up-to-date information, including any changes.
Monday – Thursday 8 am – 10 pm
Friday 8 am – 5 pm
Saturday 10 am – 5 pm
Sunday 1-8 pm
Visiting the Library
All library spaces are open for research and study. Small individual study rooms are available on a first-come-first-serve basis. You can place a hold to pick up library resources through the Library’s catalog (directions HERE). We will email you when it is ready for pick up.
Using Online Resources
Browse the collections tab of the Library website to see the different types of resources available for you to use.
Getting Help Online
Get immediate help during open hours through our chat service (available on the library website).
For help with research questions, you can book a 30-minute Zoom appointment with a Librarian for the day and time of your choice.
Our How-To videos can help you learn how to navigate different online library resources.
For any questions, please email email@example.com.
Building Hours & Student Access
Building Hours and Student Access
Monday – Saturday: 8 a.m.- 11 p.m.
Sunday: 12 p.m. – 11 p.m.
Connecting With Student Services
CCS offices re-opened on January 4, 2022, but in-person service may require appointments. Zoom and phone appointments will continue to be available.
The staff are available and ready to assist you. For contact information and to schedule an appointment through Calendly, please visit the office’s Blackboard page for details. Go to Blackboard and click on Campus Offices in the menu. Contact and scheduling appointment information is on the right side of the page. These pages also contain valuable information for students as well as various forms and CCS policies.
Student service office staff are available Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Academic Advising and Registration
- Business Services
- Campus Nurse
- Career Development
- Center for Tutoring & Writing
- Financial Aid
- Human Resources
- International Student Services
- Student Affairs
- Student Housing – After business hours, please contact your Resident Assistant (RA)
- Wellness & Counseling Services