MFA, Eastern Michigan University, BFA, Eastern Michigan University
Interaction Design, UX/UI Experience Design & Interaction Design, Motion Design, Interface Design, City of Detroit, Collaborative Design Practice, User Interface Design History, Creative Coding.
Matthew was a former partner at Defrost Design, a design studio specializing in print, interactive and motion communications for a variety of educational and corporate clients including Lawrence Technological University, College for Creative Studies, UofM, Nissan, Audi, GM, the DIA, & the DSO, to name a few. Before co-founding Defrost, he worked full-time as a senior designer for Eastern Michigan University. Matthew came to CCS in 2000 as an adjunct and moved to a full-time position in 2013. His primary focus is teaching user experience and interaction design. Matthew is a long-time member of AIGA, the Professional Association for Design and IxDA, The Interaction Design Association. In addition to being a designer & educator, Matthew has been photographing Detroit as part of his ongoing #Detroit series with a catalog of over 2000 photos. He has received numerous awards and has been published in both print, web reviews and shows.
Significant Publications, Presentations and Exhibitions
- 2021 Photographer
- First Place Winner, 50th Annual Scarab Club Photography Exhibition
- 2016 Designer
- Displayed Interactive Installation at the CCS ‘What We’re Made Of Faculty Exhibition’
- 2017 Judge TIMDetroit: Technology In Motion Hackathon
- 2016 Presenter, College for Creative Studies + Kettering University Symposium on Creative Intelligence
- 2014 Co-Curator, Revolution: Evolution International Graphic Design Exhibition