DIVISION: Business Services
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of Business Services
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Responsible for various accounting duties in Business Services: assist with maintaining two general ledgers and preparing consolidated financial statements and various tax filings for two entities.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Assist with annual 403b audit, the annual College audit, and the annual Argonaut Condominium Association audit;
- Assist in maintaining the general ledgers for the College and the Argonaut Condominium Association;
- Performance of monthly account analysis;
- Processing of journal entries to the General Ledger;
- Assist in the preparation of various tax filings including 990 and 5500;
- Assist with grant accounting, required reporting and monthly gift reconciliation;
- Cross trained in the Accounts Payable and Payroll check procedures;
- Cross-trained in Cashier functions; receipting payments, reconciling cash receipt sessions and preparing deposits;
- Perform accounts receivable functions including billing tenants, processing invoices and record keeping;
- Facilitate work order system and prepare work order reports for use in tenant invoicing;
- Assist the Director and Assistant Director on special reports and assignments;
- Perform additional duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of professional accounting experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, master’s degree preferred;
- Familiarity with computerized accounting systems required, knowledge of Ellucian Colleague financial system preferred;
- Strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel, required;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities;
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
This job operates in a professional office and college campus environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to maintain a stationary position, use a computer and other office equipment, and communicate effectively in person, by phone, and virtually. Frequent interaction with others, including staff, faculty, students and third parties is required. The employee may occasionally be required to move files or other objects weighing up to 25 pounds, including from low and high places. The ability to move around within the office and between buildings on campus, attend off-site meetings and events, and travel between Ford Campus site to Taubman Center site are required. CCS will make reasonable accommodations that will allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
College for Creative Studies is a nonprofit institution; it is one of the leading art and design colleges in the world. CCS is ranked by LinkedIn as a top three design school in the US and the best in the Midwest, based on alumni success. CCS has state-of-the-art facilities to support the complete range of creative production, from traditional art forms such as painting, glassblowing, foundry, and printmaking, to the most contemporary systems, including the latest digital imaging technology and extensive rapid prototyping output tools. The College currently enrolls more than 1,400 undergraduate and graduate students. It offers a Bachelor of Fine Arts in 13 majors: Advertising Design, Art Education, Art Practice, Communication Design, Craft and Material Studies, Entertainment Arts, Fashion Accessories Design, Illustration, Interior Design, Photography, Product Design, and Transportation Design. It also offers a Master’s degrees in four majors: Color and Materials Design, Interaction Design, Systems Design Thinking, and Transportation Design.
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. The search will close when a suitable candidate is hired. Interested candidates should submit the following in PDF format:
Resume and a letter of application should be submitted to: email@example.com
CCS website: http://www.collegeforcreativestudies.edu/
The College for Creative Studies, a leading college of art and design, represents a community composed of individuals with many perspectives, personal experiences, values, identities and worldviews and we value the diversity this brings to our organization. CCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. The College for Creative Studies subscribes to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment, admissions and educational practices and strives to provide an environment and workplace free from unlawful harassment or discrimination. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are part of our Core Institutional Values and we encourage applications from all individuals.