Community Outreach & Engagement
The Community Arts Partnerships
The Community Arts Partnerships (CAP) program of the College for Creative Studies reaches out to the Detroit community by providing free art and design classes and resources to youth and their families.
The CAP program develops and maintains partnerships between CCS and dozens of organizations in the metropolitan Detroit community. Partnerships work with educational and community organizations to:
- Inspire young people from diverse backgrounds to make the visual arts a part of their lives.
- Bring education in art, design and new technologies to the neighborhoods of Detroit.
- Inform young people about art and design career opportunities.
The CAP approach to community arts education is based on a visual arts curriculum inspired by art making, team teaching, and team learning. Programs are individually crafted with the host organization.
- School and after-school student enrichment programs throughout the Detroit metro area. CAP provides free art classes to more than 4,000 kids from Detroit annually.
- Public art and neighborhood beautification, including murals and art exhibits.
- Specialized art and design programs for students and teachers on the CCS campus.
- Art and design Career Discovery Tours for middle school students.
CAP’s student-centered programs open doors to the creative opportunities of the 21st century:
students served each year
students served since 2001
CAP partnering organizations
CAP programs delivered annually
To participate, please contact
Director, Community Arts Partnerships
Coordinator, Community Arts Partnerships